Please call (315) 253-4463 to make an appointment with an Internal Medicine Associates provider.
For your convenience, if you are ill and we do not have an open appointment with your primary care physician, we will fit you in with the doctor on call.
If you feel as though your condition is life threatening, contact 911 immediately for transport to the nearest hospital or emergency clinic.
In the event you go the hospital emergency room, please ask them to notify your Internal Medicine Associates physician as soon as possible.
Items to Bring With You
To ensure that your visit to our office goes as smoothly as possible, please take a few minutes to assemble all the items you will need to have on hand when you arrive. Such preparation will ensure not only that you receive the best care possible, but that any associated issues, such as insurance and billing, are handled efficiently and correctly.
Please bring the following:
- Questions to Ask - Please feel free come to your appointment with a list of questions you would like your IMAA physician to answer.
- Your health insurance card(s) and any required authorization, authorization information, and pre-certification information or referral forms.
- Any pertinent medical information, records, or test results given to you by non-IMAA physicians.
- A list of any medicines you have been taking at home and/or the medicines themselves in their prescription containers
- A list of any known food and/or drug allergies.
- If your treatment is covered by Workers' Compensation or NYS No-Fault insurance, please make us aware of this when you schedule your appointment and bring the appropriate authorization information from your employer or auto insurance company.
- Financial resources (cash, personal check, VISA, Discover or MasterCard are accepted) to cover co-payments or to make payments on your IMAA account at the time of service.
Back to Top
Every prescription, Electronic, Every time
Internal Medicine Associates utilizes Surescripts for e-prescribing, a web based solution that exchanges prescription information electronically with your pharmacy. The system interfaces with our practice management system which means updated patient information is linked to our prescriptions. This is especially important in providing accurate medication lists for our patients and to ensure proper drug utilization review of dosing and drug interactions to enhance patient safety. There also is an interface to Rx Hub which links us to many mail order pharmacies and allows the prescription to be checked for insurance formulary compliance.
Please allow our office 72 hours to accommodate your prescription refill requests. As of August 27, 2013, The New York State Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP) requirements for prescription verification regarding controlled substances may delay your prescription. As of March 27, 2015, E‐prescribing is required for all New York State prescriptions. Our physicians now electronically prescribe controlled substances DEA certified EPCS system. Thank you.
APPOINTMENT NO SHOW POLICY
As a courtesy to our patients who wish to see a doctor as quickly as possible, patients who are unable to keep their scheduled appointment must call our office one business day before the scheduled office visit. If a patient “No Shows” for an appointment, the patient will be billed a fee of $25 for the missed office visit. This is not a billable charge to the patient’s insurance company; it is the personal responsibility of the patient.
If a patient, no shows three times, we reserve the right to dismiss that patient from the care of Internal Medicine Associates of Auburn.
Back to Top
Internal Medicine Associates of Auburn is a private physician group practice. We understand that patients do not plan to be ill and health care costs may cause financial hardship for patients and their families. We receive no financial support from any source other than fees for medical services paid by patients or their insurance. While we will try to make it as easy as possible for patients to take care of their obligations to our practice, we cannot afford to stay open if patients do not pay their share for the services we render in good faith.
All patients are responsible for paying their co-pay at the time service is rendered and for paying any balance due after insurance immediately after receiving their first statement.
For your convenience, we accept cash, check, or VISA, MasterCard and Discover credit cards.
Our practice will file insurance claims on behalf of patients and will balance bill patients after the insurer has either paid or denied the claim. When an insurance claim is denied, we will make a reasonable effort to appeal those decisions when appropriate.
Except as limited by law (i.e. Medicare or Medicaid patients), or by contract (some HMO or PPO insurers), any service fee not paid by an insurer is the responsibility of the patient.
Patients who do not make reasonable progress toward retiring outstanding obligations to the practice may, at the sole discretion of the physician, be released from our practice. Furthermore, the practice may give the account to a collection agency and may report the debt to credit agencies.
A $10.00 statement fee will be added to any account with a past-due outstanding balance.
Patients terminated from the practice due to outstanding obligations will be given thirty (30) days notice during which time they will be followed for emergency medical care services only. Patients are still financially responsible for paying for any services rendered during this time.
Thank you for respecting this financial policy.
Back to Top
Insurance Plan Participation
- Beech street
- Blue Shield
- Emblem Health
- Empire Plan
- Engineers Joint Welfare Fund
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis (existing patients only)
- Healthnow NY
- HMO Blue
- IBEW Local 1249
- Lifetime Benefit Solutions (formerly RMSCO)
- Local 818 Steamfitters / Plumbers
- Martin’s Point
- MVA (existing patients only)
- Preferred Care
- Today’s Options
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Community Plan (existing patients only)
- US Family Health Plan
- Workmans Compensation (existing patients only)
Please call our Billing Office at (315) 253-4463 OPTION 23 if you have any questions.
Back to Top